MBA is the abbreviation of Master of Business Administration. An MBA is a postgraduate degree that is awarded for a program in Business Management.
In the 2 years of the MBA program, you will learn various aspects of Business Administration. The post-graduate program will provide you with theoretical and practical knowledge. It helps them understand general functions, qualities, & quantity of management.
Detailed View of MBA Specializations
MBA is considered one of the best courses when you have graduated in any stream. MBA has been in an increase in demand due to expanding global markets.
There are various specializations such as finance, marketing, human resource, operations. They are all needed for running small businesses and large businesses.
Get details information about Master of Business Administration (MBA) Specialisations in India:
- MBA in Marketing Management – The scope of marketing management in India is too wide. After the completion of this post-graduation degree in Marketing, an Individual can be placed as a marketing manager or digital marketing manager, also sales executive or manager in reputed industries like retail, media & advertising and market research, tourism, FMCG, banking, hospitality, and more.
- MBA in Finance Management – Careers in MBA Finance degrees usually begin with roles and responsibilities of the company’s financial improvement. MBA Finance is the most scoping specialization because of its growth increase in prospects like Banking, Financial Services & Insurance sector. Some of the most famous areas of finance include assets management, credit risk management, private equity, treasury, merchant banking, and so on. Companies like Capgemini consulting, HSBC, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, Citi Bank, TCS, Wipro, and more.
- MBA in Operation Management – MBA in operation management prepares the students to handle different aspects of a business organization. Operations management is very important for industrial growth and development, which is also a key factor behind business success. Post – Graduates are employed in various sectors like area operation manager, operation manager, deputy manager, general operation manager, and more in industries like textile, supply chain management, e-commerce, etc. The top international companies that hire MBA Operations Management aspirants: Google, Apple, Microsoft, Wipro, Blue Dart, Maruti Suzuki, and so on.
- MBA in Information Technology (IT) – The scope of an MBA in Information Technology has increased due to the growing number of small businesses also providing online sales. The chances of getting placed in IT Department or IT Company or IT management Not only in India but out of India. The few job roles of MBA ‘in IT Sectors for the students who have completed the post-graduation program are computer and Information System Manager, IT Manager, IT Director, Project Manager, and more.
- MBA in Human Resource Management – People who choose Human Resource as a career have various opportunities in MNCs, Colleges and Universities or Corporate Sectors, and More. Based on human resource management areas, there are plenty of human resource job profiles which include training and development manager, HR entrepreneur, Administrative Services Manager, International Human Resources, and more.
- MBA in International Business – International Business Management in MBA is all about developing your Business at Global Level. The top recruiters for International Business degrees are MNCs like Deloitte, Cognizant, Capgemini, Wipro, and others are looking for the establishment of their business in other countries. It also provides the aspirants to gather all their knowledge and information that is possibly related to the economic conditions and international market.
- MBA in Event Management – Event Management involves the management of the creation and development of such events as a wedding, corporate conferences, festivities, formal parties of companies on a big level, and so on. It includes a lot of research about the target audience, brand, and the concept of the event before organizing the actual event. After completing an event management degree, students have opportunities in Event Manager, Event Planner, PR, Brand Developer, Administration Etc.
- MBA in Healthcare Management – MBA in Healthcare Management has a wide range of scope in India and after this Covid Situation, the scope is gained and gained. The common MBA Healthcare Jobs are Assistant Operation Manager, Physician Relations Liaison, Healthcare Information Manager, Hospital Administrator, Medical Practice Manager, and more.
Admission through Management Quota in MBA, India
In India, most MBA colleges have some percentage criteria of seats that are reserved for the management quota. These seats or places are fulfilled as per the management of the particular college or institute. Some colleges also have an NRI quota which is for out of Indian individuals.
The Director or Principle of the management institute invites the persons for admission by posting an advertisement, by sending emails, or by using social media on the website of the institute. Also, they can use traditional marketing like magazines or newspapers.
Candidates should have to check the details and information about Management Quota for MBA Admission from the official website of the institute.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Admission
If a candidate wants to take admission in India without entrance he/she must understand the process of management quota admission. It is as simple as the regular admission process; there are few steps and less time involved.
However, some colleges offer Direct Admission based on the Undergraduate percentage or marks of the candidates. Look at the following points for direct admission to MBA:
- Students or Candidates should have at least 50% marks in their Under Graduation to be eligible for direct MBA admission.
- Students can take direct MBA admission in any college (that offers direct MBA admission) across India.
- MBA Direct admission for candidates has to build their profile professionally. Most of the time, the institute offers a direct MBA score based on the merit list.
- Also most of the institute conducts Personal Interview and Group Discussion to shortlist the candidate.
Top MBA Colleges & Institutes in India
1. XLRI – Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
Xavier Institute of Management (XLRI) is a premier management institute located at Jamshedpur, India. Established in the year 1964, XLRI has been consistently ranked among the top business schools in India. XLRI offers undergraduate programs leading to Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Doctorate in Management (DMS). XLRI also offers postgraduate diploma courses like PGDM-HRM, PGDM-Finance & Banking, PGDM-Marketing, PGDM-Human Resource Development, PGDM-Operations Management, PGDM-IT, etc.
XLRI’s vision is to create leaders who are committed to social service and contribute to the economic progress of society. Its mission is to provide quality education, research and consultancy services to transform individuals and organizations into socially responsible citizens and global contributors.
2. FMS – Faculty Of Management Studies, Delhi
FMS is a premier institute providing quality education in management studies. The institute is committed to providing our students with world-class teaching and learning experience. Our faculty members have rich industry experience and they guide students through their professional careers. We offer various undergraduate & postgraduate programs including MBA, MCA, PGDM, BBA, BCom, BA, MA, MSW, MSc, etc.
3. S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
S.P.Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR) was established in the year 2006. SPJIMR has been recognized as one of the best management institutes in India. Institute is located in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. Our campus is spread over 50 acres of land. The institute offers various undergraduate courses like BBA, MBA, MCA, PGDM, MA, MSW, etc.
4. IIM A – Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
IIM-A is a premier business school that has been ranked among the top management schools in India. It was established in 1964 and offers undergraduate programs in commerce, economics, finance, general management, marketing, human resource management, production & operations management, information systems, international business, accounting, and behavioral sciences.
The MBA Program at IIMA is designed to develop students into effective managers who are able to work effectively in teams, manage change, deal with ambiguity, and make decisions under pressure. Students learn how to think analytically and creatively, communicate effectively, build relationships, and solve problems. They gain practical experience through internships, field visits, and case studies.
5. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was established in the year 1955 in New Delhi, India. IIFT is the first institute of its kind in India that offers graduate programs in International Business Management.
IIFT has been accredited by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore. NAAC accreditation is given only to institutions that have met stringent quality standards set by the council.
IIFT is affiliated with the University of Delhi and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
6. Management Development Institute, Sukhrali
Management Development Institute (MDI) is a non-profit organization that provides training programs for individuals interested in developing their careers in the management field. MDI has been providing training programs since 1993. MDI has three campuses located at Delhi, Gurgaon, and Noida. MDI offers online courses through its website www.mdiguru.com.
7. IIM B – Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
IIM B was established in the year 2000 in Bangalore, India. It is the first management institute in Asia to receive accreditation from the AACSB International – Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
IIM B offers two-year full-time MBA programs accredited by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) and approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
8. SVKM’s NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) was established in the year 1966 and is located at Mumbai. NMIMS is affiliated to University of Mumbai. NMIMS offers various courses like BBA, MBA, MCA, PGDM, MA, MSW etc.
9. Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) was established in the year 2000 at Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. The institute is affiliated with the University of Jamshedpur. The institute offers various courses like MBA, MCA, PGDM, MA, MSc, M.Com, BBA, BCA, BEd, etc.
The institute has been accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ grade. The institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. The institute is recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act 1956.
10. Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management
Shailesh J. Meetha School of Management (SJMSOM) was established in the year 2001 at Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India. SJMSOM is affiliated with Shivaji University, Kolapur. The university offers various undergraduate programs like BBA, MBA, MCA, PGDM, MA, MSW, MSc, etc. In addition to this, SJMSOM has also started offering postgraduate courses in the field of management.