In India, the capital of finance and businesses in Mumbai. Master of Business Administration or MBA is one of the most popular post-graduate degrees and courses in Mumbai.
The Top MBA colleges in Mumbai are ranked every year by ranking agencies like NIRF, Mumbai Today, and Other Magazines, etc. Some of the colleges ranked in 2021 by these agencies include NLSIU Mumbai, NLU Pune, and IIT Mumbai. Multiple college ranking agencies like NIRF, The Week, and Outlook Mumbai release ranking reports of various educational institutes in Mumbai every year. You can get the ranking of Top MBA college admission in Mumbai, on these websites.
The quality of Education in the top MBA colleges in Mumbai is at par or compare with other top MBA & PGDM colleges in the world. These colleges provide the candidate with full of career opportunities and a high package of placement. There are more than 400+ MBA & PGDM colleges in Mumbai where some are private and some are government colleges.
What are the top MBA Specializations offered in Mumbai Colleges for Admission?
If you pursue MBA from Mumbai, then college will be offering you various specializations. Some of them include:
- Marketing Management
- Hospital Administration
- Event Management and PR
- Finance Management
- International Business Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Human Resource Management
- Firstly, you need to check the eligibility criteria set by the college. Usually, colleges require a graduate degree with a minimum score of 50% in any discipline.
- Next, you need to appear for an entrance exam like CAT, XAT, SNAP, or NMAT, which are accepted by most of the top MBA colleges in Mumbai. You need to score well in these exams as it will decide your chances of getting shortlisted for the next round, which is the GD-PI round.
- After clearing the entrance exam, you need to apply for the shortlisted colleges through their official website and pay the application fee.
- If you are shortlisted, then you will be called for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. The GD will test your communication and teamwork skills, while the PI will assess your personality, knowledge, and leadership qualities.
- Lastly, the MBA college will release the final merit list based on your overall performance in all rounds and past academic records. If you meet all the requirements and the merit list cut off, then congrats, you got into the top MBA college in Mumbai!
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Admission
The MBA eligibility criteria may be different at the college level but the basic eligibility criteria for all MBA colleges allows you the following points:
- Students or Candidates should have passed and complete their graduation in any specialization or must be in the final semester of the exam.
- Maximum colleges want graduation marks up to which is 50 percent on average or equivalent also it depends on the category of students, some of the reserved categories of students want the minimum score is 45 percent.
- Students should attempt the college level or institute level; state level and country level entrance exam.
- Exam including CAT, GMAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, GATE, MAH CET, MHT CET, NMAT, etc., for MBA admissions.
What are the Top MBA Colleges in Mumbai?
There is a total of around 200+ MBA colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai which offer full-time and part-time courses, also distance learning, and online mode of studies. Out of these, the top 10 MBA colleges in Mumbai ranked by NIRF, Outlook, and India Today offer degree courses in a full-time mode of study.
Below is the list of Top B schools in Mumbai:
1. Jamanlal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
Jamanlal Bajaj institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) was established in the year 2000 in Mumbai, India. JBIMS offers undergraduate programs in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Law, Education, Library Science, Journalism, Mass Communication, and MBA.
2. Shailesh J Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM)
Shailesh J Mehta School of Management (SJM) was established in the year 2001 with the vision of providing quality education at an affordable cost. SJM is a premier institution offering MBA programs in India. SJM has been ranked among the top business schools in India by Business World magazine.
3. National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (abbreviated NITIE) is a research institute under the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), Republic of Korea. NITIE was established in July 2001. The mission of NITIE is to provide scientific knowledge and technology that can contribute to the industrialization of the nation.
The main tasks of NITIE are to conduct basic and applied research on science and engineering related to industrial technologies, including energy, environment, information and communication, materials, and transportation. In addition, NITIE provides technical services and supports industry-oriented R&D projects.
4. SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR)
SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMAR) was established in the year 2002 under the aegis of Shri Parshuram Jain Educational Trust. The institute has been approved by AICTE New Delhi and is affiliated with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow.
The institute offers BBA, MBA, MCA, PGDM, MA, MSc, MCom, and other professional courses. The institute has well-equipped laboratories, libraries, and computer labs. The campus is located at the heart of the city, close to the railway station, bus stand, market, hospitals, schools, colleges, banks, ATMs, etc.
5. NMIMS School of Business Management (SBM)
NMIMS SBM is a premier business school that offers undergraduate programs leading to a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) degree. The BCom program at NMIMS SBM has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The MBA program at NMIMS is ranked among the top 25 schools in India by Outlook Indias annual survey of management education.
The NMIMS SBM campus is located in the heart of the city – at the prestigious Nariman Point area of South Mumbai. The campus is easily accessible from all parts of the city via public transport.
6. KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
KJ SOMAIYA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (KSIM) was established in the year 2001 by Mr. K J Somaiya, who has been associated with the education sector since 1983. KSIM is a premier institute of management education offering courses in business administration, commerce, computer application, hospitality & tourism, hotel management, catering, food technology, fashion design, interior designing, marketing, human resource management, sports management, events management, etc.
7. Welingkar Institute of Management
Welingkar Institute of Management (WIM) was established in the year 2000 with the vision of providing quality education at affordable prices. We are located in the heart of India’s financial capital Mumbai. Our campus is spread over 50 acres of land and has a well-equipped library, laboratories, classrooms, seminar halls, hostels, cafeteria, gymnasium, swimming pool, playgrounds, gardens, parking lots, etc.
8. L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research (NLDIMSR)
L DALMIA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES AND RESEARCH was established in the year 2000 in Mumbai, India. Its vision is to provide quality education and research in management studies and related disciplines. NLDIMSR offers various undergraduate programs like BBA, MBA, PGDM, MCA, MA, MSc, MTech, Ph.D., etc. In addition, it has also started postgraduate diploma courses in business administration, marketing, human resource management, information technology, finance, hospitality & tourism, etc.
9. Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research, and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE)
SIMSREE was established in the year 2000 with the vision of providing quality education to students from across India. They have been successful in achieving this goal through our unique teaching methodology that combines traditional classroom learning with practical application. The courses are designed to provide students with the skills needed to succeed in their chosen field.
10. Ramniranjan Anandilal Podar College of Commerce and Economics
The college was established in the year 1982 under the Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE), Government of Maharashtra, India. RAPCOEC is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The college offers courses like BBA/BBM, MCA, MBA, PGDCA, MA, MSc, BEd, BCom, BA, BSc, BCA, BSc(Hons), BSc(Honours), MSc, MCom, BSc(IT), BSc(CS), BSc(IT), MSc(IT), MTech, MCA, BPT, BHMCT, BSCM, BMMCT, BMMCT, MCom, BMMCT, MBA, BMMCT, PGDM, PGCDE, MPhil, PhD, MSc(IT), MSW, MSc(IT) & MTech(IT).
11. Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science, and Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics
Mithibai College of Arts (MCOM) was established in the year 1952 at Pune, Maharashtra, India. It is affiliated with the University of Pune. MCOM offers various courses like B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., BCA, BAJAJ, MAJAJ, MBA, MCA, BBA, B.Ed., B.Tech., M.Phil., M.Sc., M.Ed., M.Com., M.B.A., LL.M., etc.
Chauhan Institute of Science (CIS), founded in the year 1964, is located at Dadar, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. CIS offers various courses like BSC, BHMS, B.Sc., BCA, B.Com., BBA, B.ED, B.Tech., B.Arch., M.Arch., M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M., M.Com., etc.
Amrutben Jivan Lal College of Commerce & Economics (AJCCEE) was established in the Year 1965 at Vile Parle, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. AJCCEE offers various courses like BCA, BBA, MCA, B.Com, B.Sc., M.Com, M.Sc., MCA, B.Ed., MPA, M.Phil., MFA, M.Ed., MBCA, M.Com., etc..
These MBA & PGDM colleges offer multiple courses including 2 Years of degree and diploma, in both full-time and part-time modes. Some of these colleges offer dual degree programs. National Academy of Event Management and Development, Mumbai offers a dual specialization MBA in Event Management and PR; also in Marketing and Finance or Marketing and Human Resource Management and more.
Fee Structure for MBA
Note- Here we are defining some estimated fees. You can check the website of the college for details.
New Mumbai and Mumbai offers you good MBA options for all the candidate who is looking to pursue their MBA degree. The average fees of doing MBA & PGDM courses in Mumbai is around INR 7-15 lakh per year for MBA Degree and INR 5-10 lakh per year for PGDM Courses/Diploma.
More MBA institutes charge a higher fee from students so colleges like SPJIMR, NMIMS but at the same time there are colleges Mumbai that offers MBA at a low fee so colleges like SIMSREE and other Mumbai University colleges. Also, there are many MBA colleges in Mumbai where the fee is less than Rs. 5 lakhs.
National MBA & PGDM School of Mumbai University, fees are nearly INR 2 lakh per year to INR 6 lakh per year.
Job Profiles after MBA
Various of the job profiles that are offered by companies after completion of MBA Degrees are:
- Digital Marketing or Marketing Manager
- Finance Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Operation Manager
- Information System Manager
- IT manager
- Event Manager
- Healthcare Information Manager
- Medical Practise Administrative
- Event Planner
Top Recruiters for MBA Aspirants
Here is the list of some top recruiters for MBA pass outs:
- Maruti Suzuki
- ICICI Bank
- TATA Motors
- Bajaj Electricals Ltd.
- Deutsche Bank
- Mercedes Benz
Admission through Management Quota
If you want to become a manager and planning to pursue MBA from Mumbai and you are searching for the best MBA colleges in Mumbai accepting CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, and MBA-CET for MBA admission then you are at the right place.
TopBSchool Admission has researched the best MBA colleges in Mumbai, their fee structure, faculty of colleges, their Placements, fees, Cut-offs, entrance exams, and admission process.
If you want to take admission directly through the management quota then TopBSchoolAdmission will help you know all the important details about MBA colleges in Mumbai.
You can also checkout MBA direct admission in Mumbai 2023 through management quota